Friday, February 15, 2008

Feeling Good & Not So Crazy!!

It’s been about 35 days since I first wondered into the Herb Shoppe and met JJ. Since beginning my regimen, the almost constant bleeding (menorrhagia) has stopped. I’ve lost about 10 pounds. My color came back. My abdomen is no longer tight, bloated and distended. When I press on my abdomen area I can no longer feel the hard spots which I assumed were my fibroids. My face, hands and feet are no longer bloated. My teenage acne that turned in to adult acne just went away. I have treated my acne with everything from retinal, to tetracycline, to Acutane. None of which worked as well and with out negative side effects. I have more energy and can now exercise. My insatiable hunger has gone away and I eat much less and much more healthier. My cravings are manageable so it is easier for me to make healthy food choices. I am not depressed, I feel happier and more like myself. I sleep well. I am no longer constipated and I don’t have to pee every ten minutes.

When I first went into the Herb Shoppe I was on day 4 of my menstrual cycle, which means I was on the placebo/sugar pills of my birth control pack. I did not start the pill again so effectively I stopped taking the pill without any problems. My period started exactly on the 28th day of my menstrual cycle. My period was totally manageable with no large blood clots. The bleeding was nowhere close to what it was. The cramps were milder and were manageable with my cramp relief tincture. The Castor Oil Packs feel great anytime but were especially comforting when I was cramping. I take that as a good indication that my hormones are balancing out.

I feel great so far. I still want to incorporate systemic enzyme therapy into my regimen. I am doing research now and will post what I find out. I also still want to try acupuncture and message. I was thinking about Reflexology by the Mayan Message sounds interesting. One of the things that I should be doing but have not yet is Alternating Sitz Baths. According to Herbal Healing Secrets:

"Sitz bathes help to move blood into the pelvic area, which improves circulation and relives the stagnation that contributes to the development of uterine fibroids."
I haven’t because of time and space to do it. Well see maybe down the road, after my next ultra sound in a few months.

I don't feel crazy anymore for taking this holistic approach.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: